The Asian American Sib Program (AASIB) aims to help incoming frosh and transfer students transition into the Stanford community by matching new students with upperclassmen, exposing them to various components of the Asian American community on campus.
A Big Sib is an upperclass Stanford student who serves as a peer mentor to frosh students to help ensure a successful first year. Big Sibs share their knowledge of resources on campus that helped in their own frosh transition as well as their knowledge of the community and how to become involved.
Responsibilities of a Big Sib
- Get to know your sib fam members.
- Connect sib fam members with resources.
- Introduce sib fam members to other members of the community.
- Support sib fam members in academic and co-curricular activities.
- Participate in AASIB events.
APPLY TO BE A BIG SIB HERE!