Asian American Graduation
"It is largely because of the experiences in the A³C that I can answer, with sincerity, that I did indeed have a positive experience at Stanford."
TAKEO ’08 MA '09
This year's event is currently at maximum capacity. All RSVP submissions will now be added to our waitlist and you will be contacted if space becomes available.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at A3CGraduateBanquet@gmail.com.
The Asian American Graduation Celebration dinner brings together families and friends to recognize the achievements of our graduating students. This event is one of the few ceremonies where parents and families are recognized for their contributions to the success of the graduate. Graduating students and their families are presented with gifts of appreciation during the program.
In accordance with Stanford’s plans for commencement, the Asian American Graduation Celebration for the graduating class of 2023 will be hosted on Saturday, June 17, 2023 from 5-7PM PST. Our students and staff are working hard to develop a wonderful experience to celebrate this important milestone.
Date, Time, and Location
- Saturday, June 17th, 2023, 5-7PM PST
- McCaw Hall, Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center, 326 Galvez St, Stanford, CA 94305
- Admission for the participating graduate is complimentary.
- Additional tickets are $10 per person.
- For information call 650-723-3681.
All payments must be received by Tuesday, May 30th, 2023
- Graduates must first RSVP in order to reserve their spot and receive additional information regarding payment. Ticket payment can be submitted online or by cash/check drop off only. We are not accepting mailed ticket payments at this time.
- If payment is not received, your reservation will be forfeited to make room for waitlisted RSVPs.
- If a check or cash payment is indicated in your reservation, you will be notified by email if payment has not been received by the due date.
- All payments are final, no refunds.
How to RSVP
Reservations submitted before 5PM on Monday, May 29th, 2023 will be given priority until we reach maximum capacity. Please submit your RSVPearly to avoid being put on a waiting list.
Things to Consider when submitting your RSVP:
- If you are a parent, guardian, family member or friend of a graduating senior, please ensure that you are communicating with your graduate in filling out the RSVP form with the most accurate information to prevent mistakes or double submissions.
- Our venue has a capacity limit of 320 and priority will be given to those that sign up first. There is a strong chance that our event will sell out so we encourage submitting your RSVP early.
- Although a deadline for RSVP submissions is indicated, submitting a RSVP does not guarantee entry to our event since we may reach maximum capacity in our venue.
- After submitting a RSVP, you will receive an email indicating that your RSVP has either been accepted or put on a waitlist.
- If your RSVP is accepted, you must email your picture/headshot to email@example.com and submit your ticket payment by the dates indicated in the acceptance email in order to confirm your spot. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation email with details on the event. Failure to comply may result in forfeiting your RSVP and you may then be put on a waitlist.
- If your RSVP indicates that you were put on a waitlist, we will contact you in the order that your reservation came in to let you know if we can accommodate your party.
The Opportunity Fund
The Opportunity Fund may be used as a resource to assist with some costs associated with graduation for First-Gen/Low-Income (FLI) students who are eligible. Qualifying expenses include:
- Fees associated with cultural celebrations
- Cap and gown
- Help with family travel for graduation
- Travel to/from job interviews (if not covered by employer)
- Graduate/professional school preparation
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Commencement vs Graduation
The Asian American Graduation Celebration is a culturally-centered commencement celebration and does not confer or issue degrees. You MUST apply to graduate and submit your application through Axess.
GRADUATE & COTERM STUDENTS, please check with your department(s) on the process and due dates.
UNDERGRADUATES, note the due dates to file for graduation; 5:00PM (Pacific Daylight Time) Friday, April 14th 2023. Late Deadline w/ $50 fee - 5:00PM (Pacific Daylight Time) Friday, June 2nd 2023.
- All payments are final. No refunds.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com