Finances and Job Recruitment as a Graduate Student
"My career trajectory after Stanford was heavily influenced by my work at the A³C. I focused on social justice work – as an attorney at the ACLU and Associate Director of the City of San Francisco Department on the Status of Women."
BEAM: Bridging Education, Ambition, and Meaningful Work
- MA/Coterm Coaching Team
- Career Coaching: Career opportunities, preparing for interviews, etc.
- Industry Specialists & Associates: connect students to employers
- Assessments: Help refining your interests and starting a career path
- PhD/Post-Doc Coaching Team
- Career Fairs!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Handshake: Stanford’s Career Resource Platform
MANAGING YOUR MONEY
Stanford Graduate Cash Advance Program:
“A cash advance is a University resource available to Graduate students to assist them with expenses before their graduate financial support is posted to their student account and/or TA/RA salary is paid. Graduate students can request an advance in the amount of $1000, $2000, or $3000. The funds will arrive in their bank account generally within 3 business days. Once requested, a Cash Advance charge will be posted to the student’s University bill. No interest or fees will be charged and, generally, the Cash Advance is not taxable.” (See website for updates regarding COVID-19)