Asian American Awards Ceremony
By providing a space for students to grapple with thorny questions about identity, race and class, the A³C and its fellow community centers are able to develop leaders with a more mature sophisticated understanding of how to work with diverse communities
Stanford Asian American Awards was created by the Asian American Activities Center ( A³C) Advisory Board, which has served as an advocacy board to the Asian, Asian American and larger Stanford communities. Since its inception in 1990, the board has consistently promoted a greater awareness of Asian American students at Stanford and has assisted A³C in serving students more effectively. This award ceremony gathers together members of the Stanford Asian American community and recognizes individuals for their tremendous service, achievement and dedication.
The recipients of the Stanford Asian American Awards are selected from a wide range of individuals throughout the Stanford Asian American community. Categories for each sector of the community have been established to fully recognize those who have demonstrated outstanding dedication and service to the Asian American community at Stanford and beyond, especially during this global pandemic.
The Stanford Asian American Awards Gala honors faculty, staff, alumni and undergraduate and graduate students for their outstanding achievements and service. The gala is an opportunity for all segments of the community to come together, renew ties, and look forward to new collaborations and projects.
2021 Awards Recipients:
- Special Achievement Award: Theresa Gao
- Public Service Award: Alyssa Bautista Romanos
- Public Service Award: Rachael Kia Xiong
- Community Building Award: Melody Yang
- Gender/Sexuality Issues Award: Matthew Haide Zheng
- Performing/Fine Arts Award: AnQi Yu
- Research Award: Sarah Maung
- Leadership Award: Bright Pan Zhou
- Leadership Award: Katherine Liu
- VPGE Research Award: Laura Wai Ng
- Sharika Thiranagama
- Belinda Bandstra
- Shirley Mak
- Maria Gregorio & Lindsay Mancebo
- Russell Jeung '84