"The A³C is a safe space for student leaders to explore their identities and build community and a sense of belonging while also nurturing their passion for giving back to the community through social, political, cultural activities."
Due to the continuing COVID crisis, the Old Union Clubhouse building and the Asian American Activities Center spaces are closed and all programs and events have been moved to virtual platforms. This closure of our physical spaces are part of the extraordinary measures being taken to protect our community, especially the vulnerable, and to try to control and slow the spread of the virus. We will send a notification once we begin to accept reservation requests.
Who May Reserve Space
The conference room, Couchroom, and Ballroom at the Asian American Activities Center (A³C) may be reserved by registered Voluntary Student Organizations (VSOs). Priority is given to groups that affiliate themselves with the Asian American Activities Center by attending the quarterly API Leadership Retreats and also are active subscribers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groups using the facilities must be registered as a student organization with the Office of Student Engagement (OSE).
How Much Time You May Reserve
Each group can have up to two hours of reserved space per week in either the Couchroom, Conference Room or Ballroom. One-time events are not included into this two hour period.
How to Apply for Space
One Time Use Reservations (The Ballroom)
Reservations for the ballroom are handled by A³C and Tresidder Meeting Services, depending on what time you want to reserve the space.
- Friday through Sunday (any time): Contact Tresidder Meeting Services
- Monday through Thursday before 6 pm: Contact Tresidder Meeting Services
- Monday through Thursday from 6 pm until midnight: follow the instructions below for One-Time Use Reservations or Weekly Meeting Reservations.
One Time Use Reservations (Couchroom, Conference Room)
- To reserve space, please fill out theOne Time Use Reservation Form at least 10 days prior to the date of your event.
- Submitting this form does not guarantee use of the space.
- You will be sent a reply email with either a confirmation or denial use of the space within seven days of your request.
Weekly Meeting Reservations (Ballroom, Couchroom, Conference Room)
Registered student organizations affiliated with the center will have the opportunity to request a Weekly Facility Reservation for the entire academic year (based on availability). The reservation process will proceed as follows:
- Monday, September 2 at noon: Weekly meeting reservations form opens.
- Monday, September 16 at 5PM: Weekly meeting reservation form closes. All requests must be submitted before this deadline.
- Sunday, September 29: Prior to this date, student organizations who submitted a request on time will be contacted with a confirmation. Weekly reservations will begin on this date.
Priority is given to groups that regularly attend the quarterly A³C Leadership Retreats. To confirm a group's priority status, please contact our Facilities Coordinator.
Rooms at a Glance
|Location||Old Union Clubhouse, 1st Floor||Old Union Clubhouse, 2nd Floor (main area of A³C)||Old Union Clubhouse, 1st floor|
(May be available at other times—contact Tresidder Meeting Services for details)